Well we took a little trip to Home Depot today and after a little contact between Harper's head and the concrete we took a little trip to the ER.
She seemed to be okay after the incident, as in she didn't pass out, just extremely tired. We tried to keep her awake but it was a losing battle. After about 2 hours of off and on sobbing and sleeping she went upstairs to nap it off and promptly threw up on Blake. We are pretty used to Harper barfing after crying so I didn't know whether she had a concussion or was just her usual self. Then she cried some more and wrapped herself up in one of her blankets and went upstairs for another nap. While she was sleeping I called my mom (my first response when we have some sort of medical issue), she didn't answer so I called a nurse and she made me wake Harper up. So, more screaming followed that.
We decided to take her in because she wasn't returning to her usual self. We waited in the waiting room for 30 minutes, got an encouraging call from Kelsey and Harper sat there half asleep talking about bugs in her eye... Not sure what that means...
She stayed pretty lethargic till she saw the doctor. He decided we should stay there for a while and see how she does before we do any X-Rays or any scans.
I found a tootsie roll in my bag and we gave it to her and after finishing it she seemed to perk up almost immediately! Apparently all she needed was a bit of candy... a medical miracle! The doctor came and checked on her and was shocked by how peppy and upbeat she was now and told us we could leave. Yay!
Thankfully she didn't have a serious injury. That would have been devastating!
Now we just have to keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't play too crazy the rest of the day. Which may be hard since her favorite activity is jumping off the couch.








Well, at least Blake was there to enjoy your tragedy of the week since he missed the last tire popping party last week. I am glad that she did not suffer any serious injury - maybe you should bring a seat belt for her to wear in shopping carts - or have her wear a helmet.
ReplyDeleteOh my that's scary! I'm so glad she's ok. I don't take Brock shopping anymore because he will not stay in the cart and I'm terrified that he'll fall out! We took him to the ER last year though because I ran into him and knocked him head first right into the tile - it was a winning parenting moment!
ReplyDeleteYea she is usually pretty responsible in the cart! She was amazed by all the kitchen appliances and cabinets everywhere, she got overwhelmed! We have had many winning parenting moments but this one might take the cake.
ReplyDelete