Sunday, March 10, 2013

Jealous I know. ...

Today Harper flounced into my bathroom after I had just gotten out of the shower. I assumed she was going to tell me I had a "big bummy" or something similar like she usually does, but instead she said,  "mommy is Harpers best friend and Harper is mommies best friend." It was so so sweet! It made me think of a time in the future when she won't think of us as best friends. I hope that that time never comes and that I'll be able to keep a friendship with my girls for as long as possible.  it is interesting to see life from a mothers perspective now. 

I knew you would be jealous because I've got the best friend in the world.

3 comments:

  1. What a nice girl. You're both lucky to have such lovely best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this mean you don't think of me as your best friend anymore? Hmmm. ;-)
    That's a cute thing for her to say, and I am glad that she does consider you her best friend. I don't have a large group of friends myself, but think of my family, grown up or not, as a group of my best best friends!

    ReplyDelete