Thursday, October 27, 2011

October Visit

Well Grandma and Grandpa did a tour around the US this month and ended their tour here in Missouri. We had a really fun time and it was nice to see them for a little bit, sadly for most of it Blake was in school or busy! We got to see a couple things while they were here though. We went to an old town near where we live and ate and toured. Grandpa had "the best turkey burger he has ever eaten", so that's definitely something! 
Harper got an early Christmas present that she enjoys playing with but I am not going to post any pictures because I don't want to spoil any surprises for anyone else! The weather wasn't great so we decided to tour an indoor museum downtown. It was a neat place. They had a big collection of basically "found" items that you are allowed to climb all over and play on. Their are also a bunch of tunnels throughout the whole building that go across the ceiling and outside and all over the place for kids to play on and climb through. They also had a 10 story slide as well as a slide that went a couple stories that we went on. They had an outdoor area too with a plane and school bus and a bunch of other things up in the sky caged in for kids to climb on. It was really cool and we will return when Harper is older.

We went to a famous old ice cream/food place downtown. It was pretty good, I've been wanting to go there for sometime now and they have chocolate squirrels which I have also been wanting to acquire! 

We went to Independence and toured the sites there like Liberty Jail, Adam-Ondhi-Ahman, and the temple site. They were really cool to see. Its realy amazing what the early saints had to go through. We also brushed up on our church history facts! Grandpa's favorite place of all was probably Quicktrip though which for those not from here is a gas station with a "drink oasis" as I call it! We made a lot of trips there! Harper was happy about that because she got to do some sipping from the cups! Went to Arthur Bryants in Kansas City for some BBQ, it was pretty good but I felt a bit out of place! Despite a few puking episodes from Harper, it was a pretty good trip!


  The next day after another trip to Quicktrip Grandma and Grandpa headed back to Boise. We had a really fun time and we are glad they were able to come out and we look forward to seeing them again! We always wish we lived closer to everyone, the whole family is spread everywhere.    

1 comment:

  1. We are glad that we got to come too! I am really glad that you remembered not to post a picture on Harper's early Christmas gift. Unfortunately I only had time to get her's done - I'm starting on another one today so they should all be delivered to all the grandkids before Christmas! Thanks for hosting us, we had a fun time exploring, seeing Church history sites and of course, eating. We have even taken to following the Cardinals in the World Series and were disappointed that it was rained out last night!

    ReplyDelete