Monday, April 15, 2013

Olivia 7 months already

I can't believe she's already 7 months old! Seems like yesterday we brought her home and she was the tiniest thing just sitting there in her car seat on the ground with Harper staring at her. O goodness! Now she is a big kid! She crawls around the room, well she kind of gimp crawls. She has something wrong with one leg so she holds it flexed up to her tummy when she crawls so she kinda has her own style! We call it her gimp leg. She is going to be getting it checked out but she has already seen a pediatric orthopedist twice and gotten an ultrasound in the past and they found nothing. So we will see! 
She loves eating pretty much anything which is so nice after Harper and her many eating issues! We are just hoping this means she will be a good eater. 
She loves to scream at everyone. When she is really happy about something she shrieks in excitement and is just beside herself when we do it back! She also thinks its quite a hoot to growl at everyone. 
She loves getting tickled and shrieks and giggles every time. 
She likes to make funny sounds with her mouth too and when Blake comes home from school she makes little kiss noises with her mouth, its pretty cute! 
She is always trying to grab EVERYTHING! She grabs plates, knives,bowls, Harper, Harper's hair, toys, anything Harper is holding, glasses, anything within a 1 foot radius of her is immediately hers!
Still no teeth
She loves rattles or anything that makes noise and has to bang things around for maximum noise impact! 
She likes burying her face in you and then screaming with excitement and doing it again, I don't get it but she has a lot of fun with it. 
She loves to be held. She is kinda a mommy's girl already. O boy! Now that she can crawl around to get things she is happier being on the ground thankfully.
The doctor was overwhelmed by how strong she is, just like Harper! Its pretty difficult to get a diaper on her. 
She sleeps pretty well, usually all night. She is still swaddled, whoops! We keep trying not having her swaddled but I always break down and wrap her back up in the middle of the night for the sake of sleep. O well, she won't go to college with her swaddle! That's something Mom always says.  
Her measurments:
17 lb. 12 oz  66%
27.5 inches 88%
17 in head 63%

Harper goes around with a ball in her hand and calling everyone "hon" or "honey" including complete strangers. She loves everyone. She walks up to random adults at the park and invites them to come down the slide with her or asks them to pick her up. Its kinda obnoxious at times.
She likes all sports and aspires to play all of them. She loves running and jumping. and being a crazy lady!
She loves going to nursery. She is the star singer of the class, she knows all the songs. She is usually going around the house singing something or demanding we sing something.
She likes to boss us and if she doesn't get her way she has to put her hands on her hips and scowls!
To any sound or thing we have she says "whats that honey?".
She likes to count everything and sing her ABCs all the time.
She is a very strong willed little gall, she will fit for anything if she cares enough. Makes me a little nervous for the future.
She also loves to help around the house, doing laundry, cleaning windows, doing dishes. She loves helping to cook! Anytime I start making something she runs over and grabs a chair and pushes it up to help. Its fun but a little obnoxious when I'm trying to do something she cant help with. She always tells me I'm her friend when she is getting in trouble, like that will make whatever she did alright.
I told her that I was going to put sister in the garbage can because she was crying and Harper started crying and saying "no, no I love sister! Don't do it!" When she sees another child crying she looks at me and says "He needs to calm down". And he usually does need to! 






















2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry she has a leg issue, that's too bad! I can't believe how big she is! she's more than a pound heavier than James! ha ha! and her rolls are amazing! its funny how they do similar things - James loves to shriek and scream and yell too. then Brock joins in and it is such a lovely sound! I love that Harper tells you she's tour friend, that's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be fun to see you all in a couple of weeks! You and Blake will have to think of something fun to do (besides getting dental work done) while I am there. Of course Dad will have to visit the QT several times, I'm sure. Talk to you later Hon

    ReplyDelete