We went to chick fil a today so Harper could play in the play area. Olivia screamed the whole way home, she doesn't seem to like the car much... And as she was bellowing at the top of her lungs i looked back at Harper, unphased by it all, holding her ear in one hand and a balloon in the other, dosing off. I felt like i wanted to write a little something about Harper.
Sometimes her crazy tantrums, strong willed personality and intense amount of energy overwhelm me and I find my patience being tested constantly! Those times are hard but looking back at how little she was and how big she has gotten now, I feel both happy and sad at the same time. 2 years ago Harper and I came out to Missouri. That first year of dental school was time consuming for Blake, Harper and I had to figure a lot of things out on our own. She became my little buddy.
I was so worried about how she would handle the new addition to the family. I was so worried that she would be upset she didn't get as much attention or she would go crazy being stuck inside all day or she would show no interest in her new little sister. She has taken it like a champ though. She doesn't mind when I have to leave her to go help sister, she just says "ok, hug?". And she loves to play with Olivia. She tickles her and kisses her and pats her on the head. She gets herself into trouble because of how much she likes to play with her! when Olivia cries she tells her "its ok sister" and attempts to shove her binky in her mouth.
Even though she can be a lot to handle sometimes, I'm thankful for her spunky personality. She is always making us laugh with her craziness, and loves to make friends with everyone she meets and play with any kid she comes across. I'm thankful she is taking the adjustment so well and I pray that we will be able to show both our little girls how much we love them.
She has started really talking in sentences now and it is weird to hear. I find that I enjoy the times more when it is just the two of us; she talks to me about the moon or Dora's latest antics or some other highlight of the day and I can't believe how big she is!
I'm thankful for the good little girl that she is, most of the time!





Very nice post, and very true! You are a good Mom for both of your little girls and Harper will give you a run for your money - but she's a good kid. It will be fun to have all of you here for Christmas - only two months!!
ReplyDeleteAw, she is a good girl! Brock loves to help James with his binky too! It's funny how they do a lot of the same things!
ReplyDeleteIt's always amazing how big your first baby is once the new one comes along! She sounds like a perfect big sister! So cute!
ReplyDelete