Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hurricane Harper has reached land

Or should I say, slammed into land! 
We had our first visit to the ER today. I am glad that the hospital is 2 minutes away because I am sure we will have a few more visits in our future. So what happened? I don't know really, Harper and I were looking through a container of cookie cutters for a football and I turned around to turn on the oven and she was screaming! I turned around and she had a black mark between her eyes. On closer inspection it was not a black thing but a really deep cut that only looked black because it was so deep! The blood started pouring down her nose so I grabbed a kitchen towel and my purse and headed for the door! As we were leaving Blake came home from a very bad day at school and took one look at the bloody Harper and said "hmmmpppff" and went inside. 
So I was off to take care of the matter on my own! As we are waiting in the ER Harper felt that she had to say "Hi" to EVERY single person. She has blood dripping down her nose and she can't let anyone go without greeting! She did a good job, she screamed quite a lot as she was being held down and her cut cleaned and glued but she recovered quickly. She got home and was bouncing off the walls! 


We discovered that midst the 100 plastic cookie cutters there was one metal one and she slipped and fell on that one! "It was a one in a million shot Doc!" 


It was really sad but she made it okay, I handled it okay and she took it like a champ! 



  

4 comments:

  1. Poor thing! Good job handling that by yourself! I'm glad she is ok :) do you know when you'll be in AZ for Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! i hope she heals fast! that is so funny that she was saying, "hi" to everyone, though! i want to meet her someday. p.s. miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Harper. What a tough cookie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could have seen her in the ER being the unofficial, and bloody, greeter. Well, it sounds like you'll be making several more visits to the ER so at least she will be doing something useful while she waits for treatments. I might point out that if you weren't making cookies (not on the 17 day program)you wouldn't have had this trouble in the first place - but I won't point that out, since we had TV cookies tonight!

    ReplyDelete