Thursday, July 14, 2011

O Coxsackie...


The Imam house has been stricken with illness this week and thankfully Harper was the only one spared!

 It manifested itself Sunday when I declared that my throat hurt. From then on it was extreme exhaustion, fever, headache, sore fingers and pus-covered throats! I went to the doctor but my throat had pretty much cleared up and he said it was just a virus...hmmm


Last night Blake and I were sitting in a sickly stupor, playing Donkey Kong, and I said that I felt like my body was just dying. My throat hurts, I have sores on my tongue, I'm missing a tooth, my gums are cut up because I ate some cereal, I bit my lip or something, my fingers feel burnt but I never burnt them, my knees hurt AND my feet feel like they are one big blister becuase I walked around Costco! All around bad! 
So today I looked at my fingers and they were red and covered in a rash and extremely sore, and my feet looked the same way! Blake of course had all of the same symptoms as me but got them about half a day after me. We sat around all morning and googled every possible disease we could have but nothing included everything. So it was Blake's turn to go to the doctor. 

He came home and announced "It's Coxsackievirus"! (He liked the name). Well, the one disease we didn't think and probably the most obvious and I'll tell you why! It's Hand-foot-mouth disease, DUH! Our hands feet and mouths are killing! So all of my ailments, minus the tooth, are all due to the Coxsackie; the lip the gums the fingers the feet the throat, all of it...

So now we just wait for it to pass. There is no treatment but it should only stick around a week, thank goodness!  On a positive note due to a lack of appetite and a sore mouth I have lost two more pounds for a total of 30 and I am at my target weight! yay Coxsackie!  



4 comments:

  1. Good job on the weight loss you guys! Jeff and I are doing pretty bad! Ha ha! Sorry you are sick. I hope it goes away soon! And that your flipper comes soon so you will have a tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is ewwww.... and thanks courtney! And my flipper actually can the other day but I hate it ha! It doesnt fit the best....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a weird sickness! 30 POUNDS!!! That is so awesome. Can't wait to see you green bean skinny jeans (that's an inside joke with Ben I guess but I like saying it haha)

    ReplyDelete