Blake and I were watching Never Ending Story and we started talking about orange juliuses, random I know. While talking about them I remembered how fun summer nights were. On summer nights the sun stays up forever, its pleasantly warm outside and when I was young I stayed out playing with siblings or neighborhood friends till late at night! They were so much fun, no school and no worries! On a few very special nights, usually Sunday nights, we would get home made orange juliuses and another one of my favorites, lemon squares! YUM!!! I usually hear from my mom or siblings that some things I remember never happened... Well I can tell you that this did happen! Citrus treats always make me think of summer. O... I cant wait till we can once again eat them!
Summer nights in college took on a new meaning, and I have fond memories of hanging out with Ben and LaRee. We never had lemon squares and orange juliuses but we had many other treats and good times!
Even though summer nights in the past were fun and I have such fond memories of them. I'm excited for summer nights to come too! Harper will be walking eventually and we will have fun chasing fireflies, going on walks around the lake, and spending time by the pool!





I had forgotten that we used to make orange juliuses!! Yes, you did remember correctly. I guess we're going tohave to figure out a low cal version of them! I can't even remember how we used to make them - can you? Quit thinking about good food - I'm having a hard enough time on this dang diet - er, lifestyle change.
ReplyDeleteOh this makes me want summer to get here so bad!
ReplyDeleteThat never happened....
ReplyDeleteSure did!
ReplyDeleteAnd for a low cal version it could be made with truvia! Everything else is fine just use skim milk! you use orange juice concentrate, ice, sugar, milk and vanilla
ReplyDeleteHmmm - technically I am not sure that this is allowed - but I guess it's a good treat to have occasionally. I think the diet specifies that you don't drink fruit juice, so whatever. It's probably better than eating half a piece of cheesecake like I did tonight :-)
ReplyDeletei think he just suggests it because fresh fruit is healthier for you and you usually have more than a serving of fruit when you drink juice...
ReplyDelete