Saturday, February 26, 2011

Growing, Growing, Growing

 It's so amazing how big little Harper is! She is moving all over the house these days.  Currently she is still army crawling but latley she gets up on her knees, rocks, and then scoots on her knees until she gets frustrated with that and just army crawls. I can't believe how far she get though and how fast! She also finds the most random collections of dirt and small pieces of paper that seem to elude everyone and everything else! Blake has been speaking to her in Russian exclusively in hopes she will pick it up. I think it might be a bit more challenging than other languages since it is so different! She has to learn two alphabets and completly different noises.  In addition to that it is an insane request to get anything for children with the Russian language on it in America... no books... no toys... no blocks.... no movies... unless of course you want to pay big bucks!  So anyway I am currently making a few things for her to use later.  I hope our little "Rebynuk" picks it up!  
Blake had a snow day so we decided that we could all go play in the snow, Harper was not thrilled about the idea! 
 She loves plastic bottles.  Water bottles, juice bottles, Dr. Pepper bottles, doesn't matter. We don't know why... I guess the satisfying crunch they make when she squeezes them and I guess since she sees us drinking from them so she tries.  

She crawled to the hat... so I put it on her... 

 She wears a lot of pink...

 She loves Oreos like her mom... She will really love them when she finally tastes one! 



 We celebrated Blake's birthday. Happy 28! Harper took a special interest in the box...

 As  you can see she does some sitting... Not very reliable though, she still falls over a lot. She has developed a move where she lays on her hip and then pushes herself on her butt and sits there supported by her hand.  


2 comments:

  1. I think you should post some pictures of her planking and side sitting - she's pretty funny and I am sure that everyone would want to admire her form - maybe we should let Bob and Jillian know!

    ReplyDelete